- A commissioner for information in Akwa Ibom state has called on youths to become creative
- The commissioner also warned the youths to stop begging
- He said he is ready to help any youth who develops any creative idea
The Akwa Ibom state commissioner for information, Charles Udoh, has warned the youths of the state against begging.
The commissioner urged the youths to do away with their begging mentality and become more creative in their thinking.
Speaking on a radio programme on Thursday, October 26, Udoh said developing creative and sustainable ideas is the way forward for the state.
Udoh said: "It’s not a case of giving the man a fish but teaching the man how to fish. And that opens up more opportunities, and that is sustainable."
“I wake up in the morning and find young able-bodied men in front of my house, I get to my office, and I find the same thing. I go back to my house, it is the same thing. All of them have one common denominator – ‘Commissioner, yem mkpo nno (Commissioner, find something for me)’, he said, adding that it was difficult to find one person out of 20 with some creative ideas."
The commissioner called for a change of orientation of residents and people of Akwa Ibom.
READ ALSO: 10 vital things people don’t know about ex-pension boss Maina
He said the goal of state government of today is to support every resident who is ready to be creative.
“I am saying let’s have a different orientation. Come to me and tell me that you want to start a business and ask me how I can support you.
“It makes more sense. I will be glad, even if I don’t have money, I can give ideas and connections.
“The future of this state cannot depend on ‘yem mkpo nno (find something for me) philosophy’. It has to depend on the philosophy that I have this idea, how can you support me?
“That is the goal of government today,” Udoh said.
NAIJ.com earlier reported that the federal government had signed a power purchase agreement for a 540MW gas-fired power plant.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
The plant project to be stationed in Akwa Ibom is a deal between the Qua Iboe Power Plant Limited and the Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trader Plc.
The new agreement was presided over by the minister of power, works and housing, Babatunde Fashola.
List President Buhari's achievements in two years - on NAIJ.com TV
Source: Naij.com
from Nigeria News today & Breaking news ▷ Read Nigerian newspapers 24/7 http://ift.tt/2iEsBxG
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment