- The former governor of Abia state, Orji Uzor Kalu, has disclosed what he discussed with the IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu, in Kuje Prison
- Kalu stated that he was the first Nigerian to visit Kanu, and disclosed that he tried to convince the IPOB leader to reevaluate his path and abandon the agitation for secession
- He disclosed that he even went as far as visiting Kanu’s parents to speak to them about their son; but that the IPOB leader refused to give heed to his counsel
- The former governor noted that IPOB members were previously able to run amok because nobody was touching them; but stated that the government had to intervene when the matter had gotten out of hand
Orji Uzor Kalu, the former governor of Abia state, has disclosed what he discussed with Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the outlawed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), in Kuje Prison.
In an interview programme on Channels TV, Kalu revealed that he spent 2 hours and 10 miinutes chatting with Kanu while the IPOB leader was still in prison.
READ ALSO: Economy: Buhari asked us to focus on the North - World Bank
NAIJ.com gathers that the former governor stated that he urged Kanu to reevaluate his method of agitation and disclosed that he also visited Kanu’s parents.
In his words: “I was the first Nigerian man to visit him because it was the right thing to do. Because nobody wanted to see him, everybody was afraid to see him. They were scared to identify with him. As for me I am not afraid of death I am not afraid of anybody.
“He was remanded in prison by a court of competent jurisdiction and a court of record. Even the UN charter recognises that anyone remanded in prison by an official court can be visited by anybody; so I applied that wisdom to myself.
“I spent 2 hours 10 minutes with Nnamdi Kanu and I sounded very convincing.
“At some point he was here and there; and then later on he said, ‘we can’t drop this fight, we have gone very far,’ and I reminded him that a good general is a general that fights and goes back to fight another day, while a worse one is the one that dies in the battle .
“I not only visited him I went out of my way and to go as far as visiting his both parents. I talked to them I gave them reasons why they should not encourage him to continue in this manner but he (Kanu) refused.
“When he came out of prison he didn’t make any attempt to visit those who wished him well. He went for those who wanted to play politics with him and that is where we are.
“They have been shouting Biafra nobody touched them. But because the issue went beyond where it was supposed to be, government had to respond.”
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that Dr Orji Uzor Kalu, the former governor of Abia state, weighed in on the discussion about the current whereabouts of the IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu.
According to Kalu, Kanu had traveled back to the United Kingdom, via Malysia.
He stated: “Kanu was not taken away by the military. Kanu went to Malaysia from where he traveled to the United Kingdom.”
Inside Nnamdi Kanu's rooms after Operation Python Dance 2 - on NAIJ.com TV:
Source: Naij.com
from Nigeria News today & Breaking news ▷ Read Nigerian newspapers 24/7 http://ift.tt/2ygtyTr
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment