- The trending news in Nigeria at the moment is the recall and promotion of Mr Abdulrasheed Maina
- Maina, the former head of the Presidential Task Force on pension reforms had been controversially readmitted into the federal civil service
- One of those fingered in the plot, the Attorney General of the Federation and minister of justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN) states his role in the whole saga
The Attorney General of the Federation and minister of justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), has stated that he acted in public interest in recommending the recall and promotion of Mr Abdulrasheed Maina.
Malami made the comment during an interview with the Vanguard newspapers on Tuesday, October 24.
The minister however said he would rather respond to the avalanche of allegations against him when he formally appears before the Senate, which had summoned him to speak on his role in the entire saga.
It has been from one scandal to another for Nigeria's number one law officer, Abubakar Malami (SAN). Source: Twitter
READ ALSO: Maina has not been found guilty of any crime - Buhari’s aide
He described the allegations made against him as “a grand conspiracy and mischief,” but refrained from mentioning anyone's name.
“I am a legal practitioner, who is always guided by law and public interest and will therefore not do anything that deviates from the law or breaches public interest.
“I believe that Nigerians are entitled to know the truth in the entire saga and I am ready to speak directly to them when I appear before the Senate since I have been summoned by the legislature, which is investigating the matter.
“I will not however talk until I get clearance from my principal on the matter and I look forward to addressing anxious Nigerians on the matter when I appear before the senators,” Malami said.
NAIJ.com gathered that Maina was issued a letter of reinstatement dated Monday, October 2 by the Office of the Head of Service of the Federation.
The letter claimed that Maina’s case was reviewed and that a decision was taken that he be reinstated. The letter also indicated his new posting as acting director of the department of Human Resources at the ministry of interior.
The reinstatement was allegedly carried out on the instruction of Kebbi-born Malami, who has been involved in so many controversies since he was appointed as Nigeria's number one law officer.
Meanwhile, in a new twist to the scandal, media reports indicates that despite being on the run after being declared wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for alleged corruption, Maina was provided federal security cover.
According to the reports, Maina received protection from operatives of the Nigeria Police Force and the State Security Service, while the secret police allegedly provided an accommodation for him.
READ ALSO: Photos of EFCC sealing Abdulrashid Maina's properties released
The EFCC stage a walk against corruption on NAIJ.com TV
Source: Naij.com
from Nigeria News today & Breaking news ▷ Read Nigerian newspapers 24/7 http://ift.tt/2yOKC2u
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment