- Roman Abrahimovich visited Chelsea training ground ahead of the game against Manchester United
- The last time the club owner visited the ground was last season after the 3 - 0 defeat to Arsenal
- Conte however insists his relationship with the club’s billionaire Russian owner remains strong
Roman Abramovich made a rare visit to the Chelsea training ground this week as Antonio Conte admits he is under pressure following defeat to AS Roma in the Champions League.
Conte however insists his relationship with the club’s billionaire Russian owner remains strong.
Abramovich is not a frequent visitor to Chelsea’s Cobham HQ these days and only visits the ground when he is looking to fire an under-performing managers. Conte however says of the club owner: “My relationship is the same as last season.
Is Conte feeling the heat at Chelsea? Photo: The Metro
READ ALSO: Lionel Messi's wife Antonella Roccuzzo reveals gender of unborn child
“I don’t see a difference between this season and last season. I know I have to do my job. My only worry is to do my job with all myself.”
One of the last times Abramovich was seen at the training ground was after Chelsea lost 3-0 to Arsenal last season, sparking Conte’s tactical revolution and the run towards the title.
Roman Abramovich rarely ever visits the club's training base. Photo: The Sun UK
Conte added: “I repeat: I’m doing my job in this way so, for this reason, when I finish my work here and go home, I’m satisfied with what I’m doing this season for this club, and last season for this club, and for months."
PAY ATTENTION: Get the latest News on NAIJ.com News App
“Honestly, I feel always the same pressure. The same pressure. I like the pressure. I was born with the pressure. Before the game, I feel the pressure to win. In every game. Last season it was the same."
Chelsea welcome Manchester United on Sunday, November 5 for their next game in the Premier League.
A defeat could see the Blues fall 12 points behind leader Manchester City at the top of the log.
Is a foreign coach the answer to football in Nigeria? - on NAIJ.com TV;
Source: Sports.naija.ng
from Latest Sport News | Today on Naij.com http://ift.tt/2ytg0op
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment