- Javier Mascherano has hinted that he could be on his way out of Barcelona
- The midfielder is not happy with his limited playing time this season
- He could be on his way back to Argentina at the end of the season
Barcelona midfielder Javier Mascherano has reportedly hinted that he may be forced to quit the Spanish club at the end of the current La Liga campaign.
This season, Mascherano has been a peripheral figure at the Nou Camp under Ernesto Valverde as he admits his frustration over a lack of playing time.
The former Liverpool star is now said to be considering a return to Argentina at the end of the ongoing season in Europe.
Barcelona star Javier Mascherano considering leaving the club (photo: Sun)
Speaking to TyC Sports, the ex-Liverpool star said: "The focus is to be happy and the decision I make will depend on how things are going.
"In Barcelona, it is obvious I am not playing at the frequency I played before. I'm still playing, I'm still competing, I'm in a team where every game I play is because I earn it in training, but it's clear there are many times you want to play more.
"I am not going to say I will rule something out because things change and I don't want to be imprisoned by my words,'' the 33-year-old explained.
READ ALSO: Coutinho is ready to join Barcelona - Luis Suarez
NAIJ.com had previously reported how Brazilian superstar Neymar completed a mega million move to Paris-Saint-Germain from Barcelona.
UNICYCLING: Meet Nigerian youngsters cycling their way out of the hood. ON NAIJ.com TV
Source: Sports.naija.ng
from Latest Sport News | Today on Naij.com http://ift.tt/2m5fvLm
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment