Header Ads

Friday, 17 November 2017

Ex Man Utd star finally explains why he left football to become a catholic priest

- Ex Manchester United star Philip Mulryne has revealed why he left football

- The 39-year-old is now an ordained Roman Catholic priest

- Mulryne explained he left football because of many traps of being a star

Former Manchester United star Philip Mulryne has finally explained the circumstances that masterminded his decision to quit football and become a priest.

Philip Mulryne played alongside the likes of David Beckham, Paul Scholes and Roy Keane at United, but was earlier this year ordained as a Roman Catholic priest.

The 39-year-old who played 27 international games for Northern Ireland told The Times that he was not getting the fulfillment he wanted from the high-roller footballer's lifestyle.

Ex Man Utd star Philip Mulryne reveals why he quit football

Ex Man Utd star Philip Mulryne reveals why he quit football (photo: Sun)

“I didn’t like the trappings of being a footballer, the money, the nightclubs and the attention of women. While that was fine for a while, when I got to my late 20s I started to feel really dissatisfied. I loved the game, loved the training. The lifestyle was bringing me pleasure but nothing lasting.

“I was buying three or four cars a year because I was getting bored and always wanting more. It was the same with clothes and houses.

“I started asking myself Why am I doing this? And basically the answer was that nothing was ever enough. I was constantly restless, born out of the fact that I thought this way of life was meant to make me happy.” Mulryne explained.

READ ALSO: PSG reach agreement to sign Brazilian youngster Wendel

Previously, NAIJ.com had reported how former Manchester United star Philip Mulryne was ordained as a Roman Catholic priest.

Top 5 Nigerian football players: who is the best? On NAIJ.com TV

Source: Sports.naija.ng



from Latest Sport News | Today on Naij.com http://ift.tt/2zMXMh9
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top