Header Ads

Sunday, 12 November 2017

More troubles for Arsene Wenger as star striker is set to miss Tottenham clash

- Olivier Giroud has suffered thigh injury while on international duty with France

- The forward was on the scoresheet in France win over Wales

- He might miss Tottenham clash if his condition does not improve

Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud is in danger of missing the north London derby after picking up a thigh injury while on international duty with France.

Giroud scored in France's win over Wales on Friday night but has now been sent back to London.

Olivier Giroud suffers thigh injury ahead of north London derby

Olivier Giroud is understood to have picked up a thigh strain (photo: REX/Shutterstock)

It is understood Giroud has suffered a suspected thigh strain and he has returned to the Premier League club for further tests.

READ ALSO: Fernando Torres eyeing Premier League return after La Liga spell

Arsenal host bitter rivals Spurs, who are four points ahead of them in the table, on Saturday in the day's early kick-off.

Giroud, meanwhile, insists he has no regrets about staying at Arsenal despite finding appearances harder to come by this season.

He could have moved in the summer when Ronald Koeman was desperate to buy him for Evertonand was given permission to talk to the forward.

But Giroud opted to stay at the Emirates and insists he still has no desire to quit in January.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the latest Nigeria news on NAIJ.com mobile app

The 31-year-old insisted: “No, for the moment I am not questioning myself about my future.

“I am happy at Arsenal and I am fine with the decision to stay because I want to.

“I am thinking that the story between the club and myself is not over and not finished.

“I keep believing in my quality and I keep the faith. I have a lot of objectives with Arsenal and my country so I always try to move forward and keep scoring.”

NAIJ.com has previously reported that Arsenal have been dealt an injury scare after star striker Olivier Giroud appeared to pick up a knock during France training.

Who has the better team; Chelsea or Arsenal? - on NAIJ.com TV

Source: Sports.naija.ng



from Latest Sport News | Today on Naij.com http://ift.tt/2zEfjps
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top