Header Ads

Monday, 29 January 2018

Everlasting joy as 44-year-old woman delivers triplet after 24 years of marriage

- A 44 year old woman gave birth to triplet

- The woman was blessed with the triplet after 24 years of marriage

- She attributed the blessing to God and advised women in similar situations to be patient

It was celebration galore as Hope Lumsambani Dilli, a 44-year-old woman, gave birth to triplet at the Federal Medical Centre, Yola, the Adamawa state capital after 24 years of marriage.

In an interview with The Punch, Dilli said she suffered several miscarriages before she was blessed with the triplet.

She said: "I suffered abuse and mockery. But with God, all things are possible. In my case, it’s not that God denied me the fruit of the womb. I got married on March 27, 1993. By April of that same year, I took in. In 1994, when it got to the time of delivery, I lost the pregnancy to a miscarriage. I suffered many miscarriages ever since.

READ ALSO: We know the pulse of the people - El-Rufai speak about 2019 elections

"I had three miscarriages after the delivery of the first baby who did not survive at birth. I had two other miscarriages that occurred at five months of pregnancy and another which occurred at three months while I was pregnant."

She said though she had issues with her husband’s friends and relatives, her husband was always by her side and always comforted her throughout the ordeal.

Dilli revealed that she and her husband sought medical help but were told they were medically okay.

Asked whether she knew she was pregnant with triplet, Dilli said she did not know but it is a compensation for her long years of delay.

I cried to God for many years to give me at least a child - 44-year-old woman delivered of triplet

Hope Lumsambani Dilli and her husband smiling at their new born triplet. Photo credit: Punch

She said: It’s a great compensation for our long years of delay, for 24 years? I believe God has given us double for all our troubles."

Dilli lamented that she had lost hope at certain times during the period of waiting.

“Yes, there were times I was overwhelmed with worries. As a human being, sometimes, you can lose hope. There were many challenges which made me lose hope. The miscarriages and worries compounded my dilemma.

“As I grow older, I became forlorn at some point. Like I said, sometimes, I found comfort in the scriptures and at other times, I was traumatised. I often entertained the thoughts that if the children from my previous pregnancies had survived, perhaps I won’t be in this condition. It was a mixture of depression and hope,” she stated.

She, however, said she was always admonished by men of God not to lose hope but to have faith in God.

Dilli also disclosed that she cried to God many times to bless her womb, even if it is just one child.

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Her words: "I said to him (God), “If it is only one child you can give me, I will appreciate it. I know that if I have just one child, no one would call me a barren woman again. It is far better.”

The new mother of triplet advised women who are going through similar situation to be patient and have hope in God.

"I encourage women who are passing through what I experienced to wait on God and not be troubled. They should hold on to the word of God because a delay is not denial. One day, God would do it for them as He did it for me. I know that God is faithful and he will do what He’s promised to do to anybody. That’s my piece of advice to all women who are waiting on God for the fruit of the womb," she said.

NAIJ.com previously reported that Adepoju Olukokun, the founder of a non-governmental organization known as Kokun Foundation who is known for his humanitarian activities provided help for a woman who just delivered bouncing triplets.

The man popularly known as Kokun Foundation by many Nigerians gave out money to the mother and her newborn triplets.

It was gathered that Kokun gave the woman fifty thousand naira in cash to buy necessary things for the babies.

Igbo ora, the home of Twins - on NAIJ.com TV

Source: Naija.ng



from Nigeria News today & Breaking news ▷ Read Nigerian newspapers 24/7 http://ift.tt/2noAWUX
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top