- Chimamanda Adichie’s comments on feminism and chilvary recently caused wahala online
- A US based activist named Dana Loesch has reacted to her statement
- She asked the author to worry about female genit*l mutilation in Nigeria
NAIJ.com had earlier reported that popular Nigerian author and feminist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie made some controversial comments about chivalry.
She said “I thing gestures like holding the door shouldn’t be gender-based. I think it’s a lovely thing to hold the door but we should hold the door for everyone. I’m quite happy for people to hold the door for me. But I’m like, hope they’re not doing it because of this sort of idea of chivalry.”
Her comments did not sit well with Dana Loesch, a US political commentator. She asked Chimamanda to focus on issues in her own country instead of calling out sexism in Western culture.
READ ALSO: Brother of Tonto Dikeh’s ex-husband slams her on social media
Loesch, who is also the National Rifle Association (NRA) spokesperson, said that: “I don’t think she understands quite the concept of chivalry, which was a code of conduct for gentleman.
With all due respect to Adichie — and I’m familiar with her — I think it’s a luxury of third-way feminism to complain about holding doors open for people where her country, Nigeria, it ranks top in the world for female genit*l mutilation.
Which I think if far more of a disservice to women and far more suppressive than someone courteously opening the door for someone else,” she told Fox TV.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android and read the best news about Nigeria
Top 5 Nigeria celebs married to foreigners on NAIJ.com TV.
Source: Naija.ng
from Nigeria News today & Breaking news ▷ Read Naija news 24/7 https://ift.tt/2HRV3TX
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment