- Skiibii Mayana has spoken out on his life before and after leaving Five Star Music label
- He revealed that he was never paid peanuts while signed under the record label
- According to him, life is better for him financially now that he is on his own
Nigerian singer popularly known as Skiibii has finally spoken about his exit from Five Star Music record label. In a recent interview with Sunday Scoop, he revealed that things are so much better for him since he left the label.
He stated that while in the record label which is owned by E-Money who is the elder brother to singer, Kcee, he was always broke and the percentage which was paid to him after every show was barely enough to take care of himself or his family.
He said, "I am hundred per cent a better person since I left Five Star Music. When I was at Five Star, I didn’t think I could shoot a video on my own. But it is a different story now. Apart from music, I can do a lot of things on my own. Now, I can take care of my family and pay salaries. When I was with Five Star, I didn’t always have money; I was a boy. If I went to a show, we would share the money and my percentage couldn’t take care of my responsibilities.
READ ALSO: Breaking: Musician Moses Ochei of Fellyx & Mozzyx fame is dead
Skiibii who hasn't really been felt on the music scene in 2018, revealed he has been occupied with other businesses but has plans to release 4 songs before the year runs out. He said, “I have not done a lot this year. I have just released one song, Skibobo, but I plan to drop four songs before the year runs out. I have been busy with other things, which have affected my music. But from this month, I will start putting out new materials.”
READ ALSO: Savagery! Nigerian man sends N50 to a lady who begged him for money on Whatsapp
He also reminisced on his struggling days in Surulere. “I started from nothing. At the time I was staying in Surulere, we had 32 rooms and one toilet. But I have my own house now. I am a proud of myself and my family is happy for me. Even before I became Skiibii, I was working hard. Kcee saw me and told his manager to look for me. I met with them and we started doing things together.” he said.
PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News on NAIJ.com News App
Get the hottest gist on Naija Uncensored Facebook Group
There is Nothing Like Nigerian Sound – Adekunle Gold on | Naij.com TV:
Source: Naija.ng
from Nigeria News today & Breaking news ▷ Read Naija news 24/7 https://ift.tt/2t4YfXK
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment