Due to the unemployment rate in Nigeria, graduates are forced to take up menial jobs so they can sustain their family and do well for themselves while they wait for a better job. However, some are lucky and are better off self-employed and do not care about applying for other jobs.
A young lady has taken to her Twitter handle to share a story of her encounter with a commercial bus driver in Lagos. Identified as Beth (@icecoldmidsss) on Twitter, she disclosed that as soon as she took the front seat, she knew the driver was a graduate due to his spoken English.
As they kept on talking, Beth disclosed that the man graduated about four years ago but could not go to law school because he did not have enough money.
READ ALSO: Amazing photos show a very young looking 50-year-old looking Nigerian mum
Her posts read: “I was in a bus today & I decided to sit in front. The driver’s English was so clean and fluent and I found that really impressive. On the dashboard I saw a book on constitutional law or something and I asked if I could read it. He was like sure. I asked if it was his. He said yes. I opened the book and started to read. Then I asked if he studied law. He said yes. ‘Why aren’t you practicing?’. His response was ‘it’s a long story’. I became quiet for a while, sensing that the conversation was starting to make him feel somehow and he didn’t want to continue. Then I asked how long it had been since he graduated. Man said 4 years. ‘You have to go to law school after you graduate right?’ He said yes. ‘Why haven’t you?’ His reply was ‘I don’t have enough funds’. I was more than heartbroken. So I continued the conversation with him and basically, he has been a bus driver for a while because all he’s tryna do is put food on the table. And hasn’t been using his degree because he doesn’t have enough funds. Then I asked ‘if you get enough money to go to law school and be called to bar, will you go back?’ His answer was ‘Sure! Why not? I would love to practice law more than anything in the world’. Okay I don’t know how this works but I really would love to see this man follow his dreams and passion. So guys. If you’re willing to help in anyway, or you know someone that might be interested in helping this man, please send me a DM. Also please feel free to mention individuals /organizations that you think can be of help. I will not hesitate to dm them as soon as possible. God bless y’all.”
PAY ATTENTION: Get hottest gist on Naija Uncensored Facebook Group
See her posts below:
Nice one!
Emanuella And Mark Angel: If All Men Disappeared, What Would You Do? - Street Gist | Naij.com TV - on NAIJ.com TV.
Source: Naija.ng
from Nigeria News today & Breaking news ▷ Read Naija news 24/7 https://ift.tt/2uCKGin
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment