Header Ads

Sunday, 29 October 2017

Anthony Joshua reacts to the boos from fans in the aftermath of his victory against Carlos Takam

-IBF, WBA, and IBO champion Anthony Joshua was booed by fans after his bout last night

- Joshua has now reacted to the boos as he declares he is on to a positive 2018

- The Nigerian born British boxer successfully defended his title last night in Cardiff

When IBF, WBA and IBO world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua made his spectacular entrance in front of 78,000 fans at the Principality Stadium, Cardiff, it was obvious we were in for something special.

After collecting 19 knockouts in his 19 bouts thus far in his career, the Watford-born fighter has arguably become not just Britain's most revered boxer, but the world's.

AJ's knockout style and overall nice guy charisma is why people pay their hard-earned money to watch his fights. It's also a reason why he has sold out Wembley and the Principality Stadium.

Anthony Joshua reacts to the boos from fans

Anthony Joshua last night in Cardiff. Source: SUN

And AJ gave us plenty of reasons to keep watching him during his victory over the Cameroon-born Frenchman.

.BREAKING: Anthony Joshua beats Carlos Takam to defend world heavyweight titles

Joshua was asked how he felt the boos after his win and the crowd let him know why.

"As I said, I have no interest with what's going on with the officials, that's not my job," Joshua said. "My job is to worry about my opponent. I was watching him, I was trying to break him down round by round and unfortunately, the ref stopped it. But, I think people wanna see Takam unconscious on the floor, am I right?

PAY ATTENTION: Get the latest News on Naij.com App

"Ok, Ok - now I understand! And that's what I was trying to get to. 10 rounds, 11 rounds, 12 rounds - we was getting there. But like I said, I don't have control over the ref's decision. So, we get the win and now we're on to a positive 2018."

NAIJ.com had earlier reported that Anthony Joshua defeated challenger Carlos Takam to retain his WBA and IBF heavyweight titles on Saturday, October 28, at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff.

Meet the family of boxing legend Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua - on NAIJ.com TV

Source: Sports.naija.ng



from Latest Sport News | Today on Naij.com http://ift.tt/2xxO4Ly
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top