Header Ads

Monday, 23 October 2017

Antonio Conte states why he is does not fear Roman Abramovich and what makes him different from other Chelsea managers in the past

- Antonio Conte conte refuses to be worried about the thought of being sacked

- Chelsea have had a not too impressive campaign so far this season

- But the former Juventus manager insists he is not the kind of man that fears for his job

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte insisted that he is not like the previous Chelsea managers sacked by Roman Abramovich, and does not fear losing his job, after watching his team battle to a 4-2 win over Watford at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea boss Anthonio Conte insists he fears no sack

Antonio Conte not ready to entertain any fear of him losing his job. Source: Mirror

Michy Batshuayi came in as a second half substitute to help Chelsea come back from 2-1 down to win 4-2 on Saturday, October 20, 2017.

The result was timely for Chelsea after back-to-back defeats in the Premier League.

READ ALSO: Arsenal star Mesut Ozil denies Manchester United rumours

It also important for Conte, coming at the end of a week in which reports claimed that unrest among his players and tensions with the club's hierarchy had put his position as head coach in significant doubt.

When it was suggested that Chelsea, under previous managers, might have collapsed at 2-1 down, Conte said: "I am not like the previous managers. I am different. It is important to understand this.

"The club has to judge the work and honestly, I don't have this type of worry [about] if I lose the game, if the club decides to sack me.

"In the past, the club decided after two losses or three bad games to sack a manager. I don't think it is the same for every manager. You change the person, change the work. I repeat: If you ask if I feel this type of pressure, it is zero."

Chelsea also showed great resilience against AS Roma scoring late in the game to salavge a 3-3 draw at the the bridge.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the latest news on Naij.com app

Gary Cahill insisted that until the Premier League champions rediscover their best form, their resilience will be even more important.

Chelsea's busy October schedule offers no respite with Everton next to visit Stamford Bridge on Wednesday in the Carabao Cup, and Conte admitted that he will look to the fringes of his squad when picking his starting XI.

Chelsea boss Anthonio Conte insists he fears no sack

Conte looking forward to the remaining fixture in a busy October. Source: SUN

"I think for the game against Everton, it is impossible to recover for Drinkwater, Moses needs more time and Kante," he added. "But I think this could be a good opportunity to give a chance to the young player like Charly Musonda, also Kenedy, young players who I think deserve the chance.

"They are working very hard, they are improving and we can see the improvement against Everton, which is a tough game. It is important for me, important for the club. We will do this."

NAIJ.com had earlier reported that Chelsea board has rubbished the report of Conte being sacked, though this was a year ago, but history seems to be repeating itself as there are fears the Italian might lose his job.

Who will win the Champions League? on NAIJ.com TV

Source: Sports.naij.com



from Latest Sport News | Today on Naij.com http://ift.tt/2yBJIH3
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top