Header Ads

Monday, 23 October 2017

Meet Onyinye, graduate of English and Literary Studies who fell in love with yoga

NAIJ.com came across the story of an English and Literary Studies graduate, Onyinye, who deviated from her career path and found peace in practising yoga.

Are you currently working in your field of study despite spending several years in school getting ready for that career path?

The young lady below, identified as Onyinye, is one of several young people who chose to earn a living doing something she actually loves and completely different from what she studied in school.

The English and Literary Studies graduate discovered her love for yoga back in 2013 while still an undergraduate, fast forward to 2017, and she is now a professional yoga instructor, with a certificate from India.

Meet Onyinye, graduate of English and Literary Studies who fell in love with yoga

Onyinye got her yoga instructor certification from India.Photo: Facebook/The Humans of ABUJA

READ ALSO: Meet 98-year-old woman who still strikes 'yoga' poses with her flexible body (photos)

Onyinye owns a yoga studio in Jabi, Abuja, where she helps people master the act which she claims helps with insomnia, infertility, as well as the mind and body.

Speaking to The Humans of ABUJA, she said:

"My name is Onyinye. A graduate of English and Literary Studies and I am a Yoga Instructor.

I always knew I would not use my certificate as an English graduate to seek for a job, but I needed a formal education.

I fell in Love with Yoga In 2013, while I was still in the university. I have always loved anything that has to do with sports and keeping fit, and would always participate in any sports activity around me, at a tender age.

When my dad passed away sometime ago, I was always sad and almost depressed. I and my dad were really close and his passing away affected me very much. Yoga came to my rescue. It helped me forget about being sad, yoga brought happiness into my life. It made me forget about my worries.

READ ALSO: Best yoga fails collection. These photos are hilarious!

Some people would ask me how yoga did all that for me. Yoga has lots of benefits that helps people all around the world. Yoga gives peace of mind, it relieves stress, relieves Chronic body pain, helps depression, also helps gain youthfulness. Yoga Is a lifestyle and an exercise.

It was something I did personally for myself, before I decided to make it a business. So I opened up a studio at Jabi, Abuja, where people come to do Yoga and also meditate. I went for my certification in India sometime this year, and I also learnt so much during my stay in India. I learnt the art of meditation, where you get to have almost no thoughts.

Yoga is recommended for pregnant women, help infertility and also Insomnia. These are things I have learnt to do. Everybody can absolutely participate in Yoga. Yoga is mastery over the mind and body, through sudden techniques that would help one's mind and body.

Everyone has a purpose In life, and Yoga is definitely my purpose. I am still thriving to be the best I can be."

Nice one!

20-year-old Nigerian female contortionist says she is not evil - on NAIJ.com TV.

Source: Gossip.naij.com



from Gossip news ✔ The best gossips for you ✔ Celebrity gossips http://ift.tt/2xZUtTO
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top