- Odion Ighalo pulls out of Super Eagles squad to face Argentina, Algeria
- He suffered a knock to his knee in a match for Chanchung Yatai over the weekend
- The striker confirms he is expected to be sidelined for the next two weeks
Odion Ighalo will miss Nigeria’s upcoming matches against Algeria and Argentina after suffering an injury playing for his club Chanchung Yatai over the weekend.
The striker was named in the Super Eagles squad to face Algeria for their final 2018 World Cup qualifier on November 10, followed by a friendly against Argentina in Russia four days later.
Odion Ighalo is injured and misses the upcoming games. Photo: thenff.com
READ ALSO: Argentina refuse to play Lionel Messi in friendly against Nigeria
The player has now confirmed that he suffered a knock to his knee in Changchun’s latest match over the weekend and is set to be sidelined for approximately two weeks.
“I suffered a knee sprain (ligament) in our last game against Chongqing Dangdai Lifan FC on Sunday, I was able to finish the game because I thought it wasn't serious, then I started feeling pains after the game,” Ighalo is quoted by Allnigeriasoccer.com.
“I will be out of action for 10-15 days, I won't be able to play against Algeria and Argentina.”
PAY ATTENTION: Get the latest News on NAIJ.com News App
Ighalo re-established himself as Nigeria's top striker during the World Cup qualifiers and scored the opening goal in the 4-0 win over Cameroon in September.
Nigeria Super Eagles qualify for 2018 FIFA World Cup on NAIJ.com TV;
Source: Sports.naija.ng
from Latest Sport News | Today on Naij.com http://ift.tt/2zeG3Pl
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment