- Romelu Lukaku has explained that he joined Manchester United because of Mourinho
- The Belgian star turned down a deal to join champions Chelsea in the last transfer window
- He has been of great help this season for Manchester United in the Premier League
Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku has stated clearly that he joined Premier League club Manchester United because it was difficult for him to turn down a request from Jose Mourinho.
Before the start of the ongoing Premier League campaign, Lukaku was in the center of a tug of war between Premier League champions Chelsea and rivals Manchester United.
But the big forward disappointed Chelsea coach Antonio Conte by making a mega million move to Old Trafford from Everton.
Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku explains why he joined Manchester United (photo: Metro)
‘'I made a decision in the summer that I felt Old Trafford was the stage for me.
''Playing under Jose Mourinho was my destiny since I was 11, I knew when he was manager at Porto, I knew this guy had something. I followed his career, the way his teams played, and as a young kid I was already being busy with tactics.
'‘I was like this is the guy that might give me something. So it was Manchester United, it was Jose Mourinho. I could not say no,'' Lukaku told Sky Sports.
READ ALSO: Alexis Sanchez will not leave Arsenal - Arsene Wenger
Since joining Manchester United this term from Everton, Romelu Lukaku has been impressive for the Red Devils in their Premier and Champions League campaign.
Previously, NAIJ.com had reported how Romelu Lukaku completed a mega million move to Manchester United from Everton.
UNICYCLING: Meet Nigerian youngsters cycling their way out of the hood. On NAIJ.com TV
Source: Sports.naija.ng
from Latest Sport News | Today on Naij.com http://ift.tt/2ytImij
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment