- Five armed men ransack the home of NLC leader, Leonard Nkah, in Ebonyi state
- The labour leader says he was not at home when the robbery occurred
- Four people parading themselves as operatives of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad are killed in Rivers state
The residence of the chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Ebonyi state chapter, Leonard Nkah, was on Sunday, December 17, attacked by armed robbers.
READ ALSO: President Buhari is known for his uncompromising integrity - Tsav
Premium Times reports that the robbery occurred on Sunday evening at the house located at Mile 50 area of Abakaliki, the state capital.
The robbery was reportedly carried out by 5 armed men who were said to have ransacked the building and took away some valuables including an undisclosed amount of cash.
The labour leader who confirmed the attack on his residence said he was not at home when the robbery occurred.
He said:“I was called by my wife around 9 p.m. that robbers came to our house and demanded for my whereabouts. They said they got information that there was money that was brought in and that they need the money. They forced her to lie down despite the fact that she was pregnant.
“They ransacked the house and took whatever they could find but they were disappointed that there was no such huge amount of money in my house.”
“They assaulted my house help who opened the door when they came in, they also assaulted my wife and later abducted her. They beat her up while forcing her to lie down with her pregnancy which was difficult for her. They took her to other residents in the area where they also robbed before dumping her in the bush.”
“I thank God I wasn’t there, if I was there maybe it may have been a different story. They had information that I had huge sum of money. I was gathering resources to organise this reception for the governor today, maybe some people told them I have money.”
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Meanwhile, four people parading themselves as operatives of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (F-SARS) have been killed in Rivers state.
NAIJ.com gathered that the alleged fake SARS officers were killed by F-SARS on Saturday, December 16, at Ogbogoro community in the Obio/Akpor local government area of Rivers state.
A source who pleaded anonymity said the suspects were spotted to be fake SARS operatives by some residents of the area.
The unidentified residents alerted Ozuoba Police Station on NAIJ.com TV
Source: Naija.ng
from Nigeria News today & Breaking news ▷ Read Nigerian newspapers 24/7 http://ift.tt/2zjHefP
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment