- Kylian Mbappe refused to join Real Madrid because he is a fan of PSG
- The Frenchman moved to the Parc des Princes from AS Monaco last summer
- His moved to the club on a one year loan will be made permanent in June
Kylian Mbappe has revealed he held talks about joining Real Madrid last summer but decided against joining Zinedine Zidane's side because he loves PSG.
The 19-year-old moved to the Parc des Princes earlier this summer when he completed a loan move from Ligue 1 champions Monaco.
Like the NAIJ.com Sport Facebook page for more breaking news and stats updates
The forward could have joined Real Madrid instead last summer but decided to join force with Neymar at the club.
The 19-year-old joined PSG from AS Monaco last summer. Photo: Uefa.com
But speaking to Spanish daily Marca, Mbappe said: "[I turned down Real Madrid] because PSG is the team of my city.
"[Joining Real Madrid] would have been like a Real Madrid-supporting kid from Madrid having the chance to play for his team and deciding to go somewhere else, to another country.
"I wanted to play for PSG and I am very happy right now about how things are going.
"There were a lot of rumours about the transfers and it's true that we spoke, but I think that's now in the past for me and for Real Madrid.
"I now play for PSG and I will defend these colours 100 per cent."
The loan move will be turned into a permanent £160million permanent switch to PSG at the end of the season.
Top 5 Nigerian football players: who is the best? - on NAIJ.com TV;
Source: Sports.naija.ng
from Latest Sport News | Today on Naij.com http://ift.tt/2E5gBf6
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment