- President Muhammadu Buhari reiterated his love for Igbo people
- The president said some mischief makers were spreading rumours about him
- He gave reasons to show he loves Igbo people
President Muhammadu Buhari has spoken about his alleged hatred for Igbos, blaming it on mischief makers whom he accused of spreading rumours and lies in order to create bad feelings of the people.
The Punch reports that the president was represented by the executive director in charge of Administration/Training, Nigeria Television Authority, Dr. Steve Egbo on Tuesday, December 26.
READ ALSO: Atiku reacts to President Buhari's son's accident
This was during a special empowerment programme for widows organised by a non-governmental organisation, Chinedu Ogah Foundation.
He blamed mischief makers whom he said were spreading rumours that he hated the people of the southeast.
He said: “All these accusations, permutations are all lies calculated to create bad feelings of Igbo people.
“I would remain a friend to Nd’Igbo. I recall that in 2002, I invited the late Ikemba Chukwuemeka Ojukwu to my hometown of Daura. We discussed about the unity and indivisibility of Nigeria.
“In 2003, I picked Dr. Chuba Okadigbo as my running mate in that year’s presidential election. If I hated Nd’Igbo, I wouldn’t have done that.
“In 2017, the Federal Government under my leadership commenced work on the Second Niger Bridge following its abandonment by the previous governments all these years.”
He called on other ethnic groups to emulate Igbo people’s unique entrepreneurial nature in order to move the country forward.
NAIJ.com had reported that the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo faulted the rise in number of security checkpoints in the South-east region this festive period.
According to the group, the rise was a ploy to harass and exploit Igbo who would return en masse for the Christmas festivities.
This was the position of the group's chairman in Anambra state, Chief Damian Okeke-Ogene, in a press statement made available to journalists.
Are Nigerians truly tired of President Buhari? on NAIJ.com TV
Source: Naija.ng
from Nigeria News today & Breaking news ▷ Read Nigerian newspapers 24/7 http://ift.tt/2CgnI6e
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment