Header Ads

Saturday, 16 December 2017

Odumakin reveals why Afenifere supported Jonathan in 2015

- The national publicity secretary of Afenifere Yinka Odumakin said former President Jonathan promised to implement the 2014 national conference report

- Odumakin declared that Afenifere supported the former president in 215 because of the promise he made to the group

- He maintained that the group will always support anybody that wants to restructure Nigeria

The national publicity secretary of the Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere, Yinka Odumakin has disclosed why the group supported ex-president Goodluck Jonathan in 2015 presidential election.

Premium Times reports that Odumakin said Afenifere supported Jonathan because he promised to implement the 2014 national conference report.

The Afenifere's secretary said the group will always support anybody that wants to restructure Nigeria against anybody who is not ready.

READ ALSO: President Buhari clocks 75 on Sunday

According to him, ''I supported Jonathan based on his promises to implement the 2014 national conference report.

''If there is that scenario again tomorrow, I will support the person that wants to restructure Nigeria against anybody who is not ready.

''I don’t have any regret. I stand on issues. In 2011, when I supported President Buhari, I went with that ticket because of Pastor Tunde Bakare, his running mate who I had known before then. My first contact with Buhari was in 2011. I never joined CPC. I was there as a media professional.

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

''When they started their merger process, they put me in a committee with El-Rufai (Kaduna governor), Hadiza (NPA boss) and other persons.

''I went to them and said “no” I am not part of CPC. We met at Abuja in an office. That was where I met El-Rufai, Hadiza and the rest of the team. So, if Jonathan had not said he would implement the 2014 conference report, maybe I would not have voted in 2015.''

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had reported that the Afenifere group told some northern leaders that opposed the idea of restructuring to change their position to save the country from becoming a failed state.

Afenifere’s stand on the issue is also reportedly backed by Ohanaeze Nidigbo, the dominant Igbo socio-political group which has maintained that Nigeria must be restructured.

Can Nigeria ever be united again? - on NAIJ.com TV:

Source: Naija.ng



from Nigeria News today & Breaking news ▷ Read Nigerian newspapers 24/7 http://ift.tt/2k3wiel
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top