Header Ads

Wednesday, 27 December 2017

Shoe making and repair is a gold mine for job creation - Says cobbler who earns N.3 million monthly

- A shoemaker, Benjamin Daniel, says he makes N300,000 monthly by making and repairing foot wears

- Daniel says the trade is lucrative, noting that it is capable of taking millions of unemployed youths off the streets

- He urged federal and state governments to partner with the organised foot wear producers to train thousands of unemployed youths in the country

A shoemaker, Benjamin Daniel, has revealed that he smiles to the bank with N300,000 monthly from shoe making and repairing, NAN reports.

READ ALSO: UK government unlikely to invite Obama to Prince Harry’s wedding because of Trump

NAIJ.com gathered Daniel, who makes foot wears in Manchok, Kaura local government area of Kaduna state, disclosed that shoe making and repairs was 'a gold mine for job creation'.

He said that with N10,000 daily, it was possible for a serious and committed cobbler to earn about N260,000 monthly

He said: “I make an average of N10,000 daily from selling all kinds of foot wears that I make ranging from N700 to N6,000, which takes me a day or two to finish, depending on the kind of foot wear.

“This is in addition to an average of seven to 10 foot wears brought to my shop daily for repairs, which cost between N200 and N1,000.

“All in all, I am smiling to the bank with about N300,000 monthly. This is more than what most civil servants get as monthly salary."

Daniel said if the trade could be embraced, it could take thousands of idle youths off the streets

READ ALSO: Aregbesola cannot focus on salary alone - APC chieftain says

He said: “The country’s huge population is a ready market with enough space for millions of youths to tap from the lucrative trade."

“I started making footwear in 2005, from just making a pair, sell and reinvest the money. Gradually I raised money to rent a shop and slowly increase my production from a pair to two.

“I kept growing slowly, and now I produced an average of 10 different foot wears daily and I have trained four youths who have set up their own businesses and are making huge money.

“Five youths are currently undergoing training and would soon graduate.’’

The cobbler, however, said he needed government support with capital to expand production capacity as well as employ and train more hands.

He also urged the federal and state governments to partner with the organised foot wear producers to train thousands of unemployed youths in the country.

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that a Facebook user, Shabach Nelson, shared the pictures of a young lady who made shoes for a living.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Shabach Igboke shared the pictures with the following caption: "With this she won't even have time to look at a man's pocket. Our girls should emulate her."

How I make a living by recycling waste products - on NAIJ.com TV

Source: Naija.ng



from Nigeria News today & Breaking news ▷ Read Nigerian newspapers 24/7 http://ift.tt/2pIe1Zp
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top