Header Ads

Saturday, 6 January 2018

Jose Mourinho fires back at Antonio Conte with match-fixing remarks

- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has sensationally taken a swipe at Antonio Conte

- The former Real Madrid boss reminded Conte of how he was accused of match fixing in Italy

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has wasted no time to hit back at Chelsea coach Antonio Conte who was reported to have attacked the Portuguese.

Antonio Conte was said to have stated that Mourinho is suffering from senile dementia, and the former Real Madrid coach has responded.

Mourinho reacted on Friday night, January 5 after his side had defeated Derby in their FA Cup third round encounter.

Jose Mourinho finally responds to Antonio Conte's claims

Jose Mourinho finally responds to Antonio Conte's claims (photo: Sun)

“The only thing I have to say to end the story is that, yes, I have made mistakes in the past on the touchline. And, yes, I will make less in future. But I will still make a few.

"I don't blame the Chelsea manager at all, and I understand his reaction. I was speaking about myself saying I don't need to behave like a clown to show passion.

“But what never happened to me and will never happen is to be suspended for match fixing.” Mourinho was quoted to have said by UK Sun.

Before coming to Chelsea, Conte was implicated in a 2011 fixing scandal while boss of Italian side Siena, but was ultimately cleared of any wrongdoing five years later.

READ ALSO: Eden Hazard rejects second Chelsea contract offer

Earlier, NAIJ.com had reported how Liverpool and Manchester United made it into the FA Cup fourth round following wins in their third round clash against Everton and Derby County respectively.

The Reds defeated their rivals 2 - 1 at Anfield while Jesse Lingard scored a stunner to hand United a 2 - 0 in over the Championship outfit.

In Liverpool's game, James Milner put his side ahead in the first with a penalty after Holgate was adjudged to have fouled Adam Lallana in the box.

English Premier League shockers of the week. On NAIJ.com TV

Source: Sports.naija.ng



from Latest Sport News | Today on Naij.com http://ift.tt/2F8jtIM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top