- Pastor Tunde Bakare has spoken fiercely against the President Buhari-led government
- Pastor Bakare said expectations of Nigerians have not been met by the government
- He, however, declared that the president could have done better than what he has done
Tunde Bakare, the senior pastor of the Latter Rain Assembly has declared that president Muhammadu Buhari administration has performed woefully.
Speaking on Sunday, January 28, politics, a programme on Channels Television, Bakare said this is not the government that all Nigerians hoped for.
According to him, ''No matter how you look at it, this is not the government we all hoped for. This is not what we thought this government that promised change in the beginning would perform so woefully. Any right thinking Nigerian would agree with that.
READ ALSO: Body of Alex Ekwueme arrives Abuja
''You can blame the past administration but you knew what you were going into even if you didn’t know all of it. They could have done better than what they have done. They themselves know that.
''I once did a video; ‘the Buhari I know’. And I meant every word. I sincerely did that video. I hope I will not be pushed to do a video, ‘the Buhari I didn’t know’.
''So many things had happened that I couldn’t even figure out. You must know that I must have been pushed to the wall before I spoke. They have forgotten that I marched when I didn’t know Jonathan. I didn’t think it was time for me to march again so I didn’t bother to march.''
However, he praised the president for not denying him access but said some of the things he recommended in the past did not end up being implemented.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
The pastor said he might be forced to reason along with those who claim a cabal has hijacked the presidency.
He said: ''I must give something to President Muhammadu Buhari, every time I had sought an opportunity to see him, he opened the door. And I had gone with different recommendations just as others have done.
''But, perhaps at implementation state, I did not know whether to believe the theory of a cabal or the wicked around the throne of the righteous. Because he alone cannot deliver all these things. A tree does not make a forest.''
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had reported that President Buhari said that he was expecting millions of Nigerians from all parts of the country to join the APC in few months' time.
President Buhari stated this in his letter dated Thursday, January 25, and sent to Senator Basheer Mohammed, who recently defected to the APC in Kano state.
The president's personal assistant on new media, Bashir Ahmad, on Sunday, January 28, posted a copy of the letter entitled: "Re: Declaration for APC" on his Twitter handle, @BashirAhmaad.
2019 reelection bid: Should President Buhari heed Obasanjo's advice? - on NAIJ.com TV:
Source: Naija.ng
from Nigeria News today & Breaking news ▷ Read Nigerian newspapers 24/7 http://ift.tt/2noobKi
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment