- Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen has admitted he made a mistake against Barcelona
- His gaffe gave Lionel Messi the chance to score his first goal against Chelsea
- The 21-year-old Dane explained that he has learnt a lesson from his error
Danish defender Andreas Christensen has expressed remorse for his gaffe against Spanish club Barcelona which helped the Catalans to get a point against the Blues in the first leg of their Champions League round of 16 tie.
Chelsea on Tuesday night were on the verge of getting an incredible win over Barcelona, but Lionel Messi scored for the visitors thanks to an error from the Danish defender.
Christensen has now admitted that he made a costly mistake against Barcelona, but the 21-year-old will not want to dwell on his gaffe.
"I did the hard work by keeping the ball in. But I made a bad decision.
“I do not have to pass the ball across that situation. I have to send it forward or beyond the sidelines. I can handle that.
"I do not take it so heavily. I know what I did wrong. There are still many matches waiting for me. I'm young, I made a mistake, but I have to go on.
"I would not do anything about the game. We are playing very well and we also come in front. We always believe we can score. Unfortunately, they score because I make a mistake. But I'm going to learn from my mistake.
"We are still in the match and it is important for the club to do well in the Champions League. If we can overcome this hurdle, we can also come a long way." the Dane told TV3.
Chelsea will now have to score at Camp Nou in the return leg for them to have any chance of qualifying for the next round.
READ ALSO: Eden Hazard wants to play on the wing against Barcelona
Earlier, NAIJ.com had reported how Argentine superstar Lionel Messi on Tuesday night, February 20, scored his first goal against Chelsea to help Barcelona record a 1-1 draw against the Blues in the first leg of their Champions League round of 16 ties.
Chelsea started the match impressive with superb display from Nigerian international Victor Moses and Frenchman N'Golo Kante.
The Blues fans were livid when Brazilian star Willian was denied two times by woodwork in the first half as the first 45 minutes ended goalless.
Nigerian Women's Bobsled Team: Exclusive Interview with NAIJ.com TV
Source: Sports.naija.ng
from Latest Sport News | Today on Naij.com http://ift.tt/2CBs2sT
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment