- The controversy surrounding the recent confessions of an alleged notorious serial killer, Adeola Williams, known as Ade Lawyer, is still on
- One of those Ade Lawyer implicated in his confession, Chief Sunday Adeyemo, has washed his hands off the allegations
- He denies having any personal relationship with the suspect who is still in police custody
Nigerian politician and businessman, Chief Sunday Adeyemo famously known as Sunday Igboho has distanced himself from the recent confessions of an alleged notorious serial killer, Adeola Williams, known as Ade Lawyer.
In a statement sent to NAIJ.com, Igboho denied having any personal relationship with Ade Lawyer.
READ ALSO: Prince Kazeem Eletu washes hands off crimes linked to Ade Lawyer
Ade Lawyer was apprehended alongside former National Union Road of Transport Workers (NURTW) chairman, Lagos state chapter, Alhaji Rafiu Akanni Olohunwa, in connection with the murder of Ganiyu Ayinla, popularly known as Pinero, the personal assistant to the NURTW chairman in Idumota, Azeez Lawal, known also as “Kunle Poly."
Late Lawal was killed on Tuesday, January 23, during an attack on Kunle Poly in the Idumota area of Lagos Island.
According to Igboho, he had no relationship with Ade Lawyer until a land dispute saga ensued between some "area boys" and his friend, Prince Kazeem over the latter’s family land in Lagos.
“It was the land dispute that brought us together. That's all. I hadn't met him before until the land dispute saga and he has never run an errand for me,” he stated
Narrating his encounter with Ade Lawyer, Igboho said: “I can remember vividly that sometimes ago, I was at Apapa with my clearing agent, when I was called upon that some miscreants are disturbing my friend, Prince Kazeem on land boundary issues. I rushed to the place hoping that my presence would bring normalcy and Kazeem would leave there unharmed. Fortunately, the police were already at the disputed land before I got there.”
He said there was neither a fight nor any physical assault of any sort before they were invited to the police station for further interrogations.
According to him, “a particular NURTW official came with some area boys to protect Prince Kazeem from being harmed by the other group, and Ade Lawyer came with them.”
He also said that when the police were searching for the killers of Pinero, he "assisted” them in arresting one of the suspects. Igboho, who affirmed he was part of the police search team that carried out the arrest, said his move greatly angered the alleged killer, so much that he kept threatening him (Igboho) on the phone with text messages.
“He threatened me that if he was caught, he would implicate me that I am one of his loyal errand boys. I ignored his threats and assisted the police in their investigations, which led to his arrest,” he said.
Igboho described all the claims against him as propaganda to tarnish his good image and reputation in the society.
His words: “I've been a politician and businessman in this country for over 10 years. I sell vehicles with my registered company; AdeSon International Concept Limited and I pay tax to the government regularly. Since my participation in politics started, there has been no record of societal unrest caused by me.
“All their moves are just to drag my good name in the soil since they know I am a politician who might be vying for the governorship seat very soon."
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
NAIJ.com previously reported that Lagos state governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, on Tuesday, January 23, threatened to ban the activities of the NURTW in the state if the union's leaders failed to stop the violent activities of their members.
At the end of a Security Council meeting in Lagos, the state government ordered the immediate suspension of all NURTW activities in Lagos Island following the crisis rocking the union’s chapter.
See the faces of newly arrested criminals in Lagos State - on NAIJ.com TV
Source: Naija.ng
from Nigeria News today & Breaking news ▷ Read Nigerian newspapers 24/7 http://ift.tt/2Dbdfp6
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment