Header Ads

Tuesday, 10 July 2018

Manchester City close in on Real Madrid midfielder amid doubts over Jorginho's deal from Napoli

- Manchester City are considering to sign Mateo Kovacic from Real Madrid

- The Citizens have been unable to reach an agreement with Napoli's Jorginho

- Chelsea are reportedly ready to hijack Jorginho from City when Sarri emerge manager

Manchester City have turned their attention to Mateo Kovacic as doubts continue over Jorginho's summer switch, The Sun reports.

Pep Guardiola has failed to formalize an agreement with Napoli for the Italian international playmaker amid reports Chelsea could hijack the deal.

According to the Mirror, the Emirates outfit have enquired about the Real Madrid midfielder as they look at other options.

READ ALSO: Hazard's latest comment reveals he could still move to Real Madrid

Guardiola is desperate to sign a central midfielder to replace departed Yaya Toure and has been pursuing a deal for Jorginho for months.

But Maurizio Sarri is on the brink of joining Chelsea and the former Napoli boss could tempt the 26-year-old Brazil-born Italian to Stamford Bridge.

Kovacic joined Los Blancos from Inter Milan in 2015 but the 24-year-old Croatian has failed to force his way into the first team.

And the Croatian has made no secret of his desire to leave the Bernabeu as they prepare take on England in the World Cup semi-finals on Wednesday night.

PAY ATTENTION: Click on link to get World Cup fixtures on NAIJ.com

Speaking after former Spain coach Julen Lopetegui took over from Zinedine Zidane, he admitted: “I would like to play more at Real Madrid because I love football and I love being on the pitch.

"I also know that it’s difficult to play as a starter at Madrid, especially because I was very young when I came here.

“I understand the situation, and that’s why I think it’s best if I go to another club, where I have the opportunity to play regularly as a starter."

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had earlier reported Jurgen Klopp is interested in signing Croatia center-back Domagoj Vida.

The Besiktas is currently having an impressive outing at the World Cup and could be lured to Liverpool to join his national teammate Dejan Lovren.

FIFA World Cup 2018: Do You Think Super Eagles Have a Chance? | Naij.com TV

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Naija.ng



from Nigeria News today & Breaking news ▷ Read Naija news 24/7 https://ift.tt/2N50EJv
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top