- Both the APC and the PDP candidates have cast their votes
- The two candidates expressed confidence of winning the election
- The APC candidate said he has laboured so hard and believed he will win
The candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the Osun state governorship election, Gboyega Oyetola, has said that he would be victorious at the end of the election.
He spoke in Iragbiji on Saturday, September 22, shortly after he cast his vote.
He commended the INEC for the peaceful conduct of the election, adding that he was impressed by the massive turn out of the voters.
The governorship hopeful also noted that nobody was harassed or compelled to vote for any candidate against their wish.
He said: “I believe the security agents are doing their job very well. It’s been so far so good because everybody realises there must be a free and fair election.
“On the allegation of vote-buying, I don’t know about people buying votes. They may be doing so somewhere else, but not in my ward.
"I believe strongly that I’m going to win this election; I’ve laboured so hard. Apart from that, the current administration has worked very well in a lot of areas, including health care, commerce, education, infrastructural development, and agriculture.
“I’m going to make sure I continue with those projects, especially in providing security for the people. Everyone is looking forward to seeing who leads them in the next four years.”
FOLLOW THE LIVE UPDATES Osun Decides 2018: LIVE UPDATES from the governorship election
Meanwhile, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ademola Adeleke, has also said after casting his vote that he would emerge the winner of the election, provided it is free and fair.
He said the various allegations against him were false, adding that they were intended to frustrate him out of the race.
He spoke to journalist after voting at Unit 9, Ward 2, Abugunde in Ede in Osun State.
He stated that he was eminently qualified for the election.
Adeleke said: “I am very optimistic, that I am going to win this election. All the allegations levelled against me are false. They tried to make sure that I did not contest this election. I am qualified, I have all it takes.
“They are all afraid of me because they all know that if I contest in this election and if it is a free and fair election, I am going to win.
“By the special grace of God, that is what is going to happen. I am going to win.”
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Meanwhile, the Alliance for Democracy (AD) has denied the news of withdrawal of its candidate from the election.
The director of communications of the party's campaign, Niyi Omotoso, in a statement sent to NAIJ.com, described the news as 'fake.'
The party also denied entering any alliance with the PDP or any other party, stressing that its candidate, Olugbenga Akintola remains in the race and he is confident of victory at the elections.
Can PDP’s Adeleke defeat APC’s Oyetola? Osun residents speak| Naij.com TV
Source: Naija.ng
from Nigeria News today & Breaking news ▷ Read Naija news 24/7 https://ift.tt/2QQ0Qz1
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment