- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has thrown huge jibe at Jose Mourinho
- Wenger expalined he had always gotten the lesser money among top teams in his 21 years at Arsenal
- He said this following Mourinho's complaint of poor funding despite spending over £286m on transfers
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has thrown a cheeky jibe at Jose Mourinho telling him he has spent 21 years not being able to spend as much as his title rivals.
United boss, Mourinho, has spent nearly £300m but claims it is still not enough to compete with harsh rivals Manchester City.
Arsene Wenger throws jibes at Jose Mourinho for complaining about transfer spending
Wenger who smiled when told about Mourinho’s comments claimed that he has always been an underdog in financial terms and even more so now.
READ ALSO: George Weah thanks voters as he awaits victory in Liberia presidential election
The French manager Wenger said: “I have been in that position for 21 years so I can’t start to complain now. There have always been three or four teams richer than I am. I’ve learned to cope with that.
"We deal with our own situation as well as we can. Manchester City, Chelsea and Man United are all richer than us. Have to find ways to be successful.”
Wenger maintained that there have been no enquiries for Alexis Sanchez and claims that he expects him to stay for the duration of the transfer window.
"We have not been approached by anyone. Other than that I stand by what I have said before,” said Wenger.
“Transfer window, I will be busy. Clubs will contact us to buy and loan players and I will be open to any possibilities to strengthen our team.”
The veteran French manager expects Jack Wilshere to sign a new contract but had mixed injury news with Olivier Giroud out for up to six weeks, Aaron Ramsey out until early January and then Nacho Monreal is out for ten days.
PAY ATTENTION: Get the latest Nigeria sports new on NAIJ.com sports page
Wenger added: “Monreal, Giroud And Ramsey are out. Nacho ten days, Giroud four to six weeks but he is a quick healer, Ramsey beginning of January.
“Giroud will be back at the beginning of January. He suffered the injury in the middle of December so four to six weeks is January 10-15.
“I’ll sit down with Jack. Believe if we can meet a point of agreement financially he’ll want to stay.”
NAIJ.com previously reported that Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho, has told the Red Devils they must increase their war chest if they have hope of keeping pace with rivals Manchester City.
The 54-year-old watched his United side lose points to Burnley, then claimed the £286m spent by United in two summers under him is not enough, with the Blues having forked out £360m in the same period under Guardiola.
Arsenal legend Thierry Henry visits Nigeria, speaks about Kanu, Keshi, Ikpeba - on NAIJ.com TV
Source: Sports.naija.ng
from Latest Sport News | Today on Naij.com http://ift.tt/2lhqUUH
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment