Header Ads

Saturday, 6 January 2018

Arsene Wenger reveals he has been invited to George Weah's inauguration, states reason that will make him attend

- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed that he has been invited to the inauguration ceremony of his former player George Weah

- Though the Gunners boss sarcastically revealed that he will be free to attend if the FA places a ban on him

- George Weah defeated vice president Joseph Boakai to become the president elect of Liberia

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed that he has been invited to the inauguration ceremony of his former player George Weah.

The former Chelsea and AC Milan star George Weah defeated Vice president Jospeh Boakai to cling the Liberian presidency.

Arsene Wenger reveals he has been invited to attend George Weah's inauguration

Arsene Wenger reveals he has been invited to attend George Weah's inauguration

Journalist James Olley confirmed the Arsenal manager statement on the invite, he posted in a tweet " Wenger says he's been invited to attend George Weah's inauguration as Liberian president. He's then asked if he will attend: "Maybe if I am suspended [by the FA] I will have time to go."

Wenger 68, is in hot waters with the FA after being charged by the English FA after his bust-up with Mike Dean following his side 1 - 1 draw at West Brom.

READ ALSO: Cristiano Ronaldo gifted another horror ice statue

The legendary French manager has been given until 6pm today Friday, January 5, to respond or face a lengthy ban by the English footballing authorities.

Arsene Wenger reveals he has been invited to attend George Weah's inauguration

Arsene Wenger has until 6pm Friday January 5 to appeal his ban by the FA

The Liberian president elect who is the only African to have won the prestigious Ballon d'or holds the Arsenal manager in high esteem as he had constantly opined that Wenger showed him pure love at a time racism was at its peak in Europe.

Speaking to the Guardian, Weah said: “He was a father figure and regarded me as his son,"

"This was a man, when racism was at its peak, who showed me love. He wanted me to be on the pitch for him every day.

“One day, I was quite tired of training and told him that I was having a headache. He said to me: 'George, I know it's tough but you need to work hard. I believe that with your talent, you can become one of the best players in the world.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the latest Nigeria sports new on NAIJ.com sports page

The Liberian president elect then added: "So, I listened and kept going on. Besides God, I think that without Arsène, there was no way I would have made it in Europe."

NAIJ.com has previously reported that Arsene Wenger has been previously fooled by false reports that former football star George Weah has won Liberia’s presidential election when in fact the final result have not yet been announced.

On Arsenal’s website Wenger says: "I would like to congratulate one of my former players, who became president of Liberia, George Weah"

Who has the better team; Chelsea or Arsenal? - on NAIJ.com TV

Source: Sports.naija.ng



from Latest Sport News | Today on Naij.com http://ift.tt/2Cy6y10
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top