Header Ads

Friday, 9 March 2018

Manchester City star Gabriel Jesus reveals what he told injured Neymar in a phone conversation

- Gabriel Jesus confirms he spoke to PSG superstar Neymar about his recovery process after surgery

- The 26-year-old suffered an ankle injury in his side's 3-0 win over Marseille last month

- He is hoping to return to action for the Brazilian national team before the World Cup kicks off in Russia in June

Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesus has revealed that Paris Saint Germain superstar Neymar Jr contacted him for tips on how to recover quickly from his broken ankle.

The 26-year-old suffered a fracture fifth metatarsal in his side’s 3-0 victory over fellow French Ligue 1 side Marseille in the French Cup quarterfinals stage in February.

A set back that ruled him out PSG’s 2-1 defeat to Real Madrid at the Parc Des Princess on Tuesday, March 6, while he will be expected to miss the remainder of the season, but might return in time to make the Selecao's World Cup squad for the 2018 World Cup tourney in Russia.

READ ALSO: Isco set to dump Real Madrid for Chelsea in the summer

Furthermore, Jesus, who suffered knee ligament injury on January 1, 2018, returned to action for the first time with a goal in the Champions League as his team lost 2-1 to FC Basel on Wednesday, March 6.

Nevertheless, the Citizens were still able to progress to the quarterfinals of the competition, having won the reverse fixture 4-0 to reach the last eight stage of the tourney on 5-2 aggregate. And the City striker

"He sent me a message. I did not know what he had [at first] and he asked me about the problem. Jesus was quoted on Goal offer

"I explained to him how I felt, how the recovery was. He has already been operated on, is recovering and is starting to walk again."

PAY ATTENTION: Like our Facebook sports page to stay in touch with latest sports

He (Jesus) also admits that he will be more cautious of tackles on his return to the pitch for Man City as the 2018 World Cup is gradually nearing it kickoff in June.

"When you are in the game, without wanting to, you end up thinking about the previous game where you got injured. You have a bit of fear," he explained.

"But, as you are playing more and more, you are going to get that fear away and play your football.

"I think [against Basel] I still played with some fear. There were some movements when I still had some fear about getting injured again. I know anything can happen but I'm sure that the more you play, the easier it is for that fear to go away."

During his absence, Jesus has seen Sergio Aguero hit a rich vein of scoring form for City, while his main rival for the number nine spot with Brazil – Roberto Firmino – has continued to win rave reviews at Liverpool.

"This does not impact anything on my football," he added. "More than competing by position, I'm a good friend and supporter.

"So if Firmino is doing a big season, I'm happy. He is a friend I always talk and joke with a lot – just not when he is playing against City!

"With Aguero it is no different. We play in the same position but he's my team-mate and I will always pray that he can help the team in any way."

Before his goal against Basel in Wednesday’s Champions League clash, Jesus last scored for City in their 2-0 win over Leicester City earlier in the season.

Meanwhile, the 20-year-old has found the back of the net 15 times in 28 appearances for the Ethiad Stadium outfit since he joined them last year.

He will be available for selection in his side’s Premier League fixture against Stoke City on Monday, March 12 at the Britania Stadium.

Smartphone giveaway winner announcement - on NAIJ.com TV

Source: Sports.naija.ng



from Latest Sport News | Today on Naija.ng http://ift.tt/2G8TIca
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top